Piper Companies is currently seeking a Systems Administrator in Laurel, MD to work in collaborative and agile team environment. The System Administrator is responsible for managing and supporting the clients enterprise applications in a diverse computing environment with multiple real-time integration points. This includes analyzing technical requirements, implementing and maintaining systems through their respective lifecycles. The goals of the 2019 and 2020 is to launch a Windows 10 migration and procure/implement a new core application.
Responsibilities for the Systems Administrator include:
- Collaborates with end users, analysts, peer system administrators, and management in conceptualizing the development of new software integrations and applications by analyzing existing workflow
- Develops technological solutions for processes and/or workflow by performing analysis and providing automation improvements. Validates results by testing programs and helping with new procedures
- Provides technical support for projects in support of requirements evaluating options and developing project plans to ensure appropriate coordination and sequencing of tasks
- Maintains the integrity, performance, reliability and security of the application systems
- Installs and supports server and PC based software. This includes actively reviewing new enhancements/features, coordinating updates, and making recommendations regarding vendor/application direction and fit within their Infrastructure
- In conjunction with IT Architect and vendors and provides administration and technical support for in house database servers
- Investigates and resolves enterprise application functionality issues. Provides second level troubleshooting support for core system issues and ancillary applications
- Develops and modifies job control language and/or adjusts system parameters
Technical Skills for the Systems Engineer include:
- Experience with Relational Database Software. Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of databases (i.e. MSSQL, Oracle, Access).
- Knowledge and experience supporting applications in a WAN environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft suite of desktop applications
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies and concepts to include LAN/WAN/Firewall.
- Proficiency in a variety of programming and scripting languages, including Java, .NET, SQL, and Perl a plus.
- Ability to create and organize reports that synthesize complex information.
- Experience with FiServ and Spectrum
Compensation for the Systems Engineer:
- Salary Range: $95,000 - $105,000 based on experience
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, 401k with Voya, and Paid Time Off
Please send resumes to Benjamin Goldman at Bgoldman@Pipercompanies.com
Systems Administrator, systems admin, sys admin, sys e, system administrator, windows, SQL, SQLserver, MSSQL, Oracle, Access, .Net, Java, Perl, hyperV, hyper v, activebatch, active batch, data center, agile, automate, automation, shell, bash, perl, python, script, scripting, cloud, AWS, azure, benefits, vacation, holiday, 401k