Software Developer - Investigation
Piper Companies is seeking for a software developer that will focus on deep-dive investigations into runtime issues with our software running at customer sites. It will encompass both the system environment and the software application, so the developer will need to be very familiar with Windows Server environments, as well as capable of learning the application and debugging it. When not investigating customer issues, the developer will work on a product scrum team to improve product serviceability.
Responsibilities for the Software Engineer will include:
- Evaluating and investigating application issues observed at customer sites.
- Evaluating and recommending server configuration changes to address issues, improve performance.
- Understanding the application code structure, and how to debug it.
- Working on a scrum team to develop new features to improve the product’s serviceability.
- Developing product features from internal and external customer requirements and clinical feedback.
- Application of standard technologies to software design, implementation and testing.
- Working closely with other team members to coordinate assignments and communicate progress and/or difficulties.
- Participation in department-specific and project-wide meetings.
- Providing input, solutions and recommendations.
Requirements for the Software Engineer:
- MS in Computer Science
- Familiarity with security technologies for authorization, authentication.
- Familiarity with logging frameworks such as log4net.
- Software development experience in the healthcare industry, especially hospital informatics, RIS or PACS, including familiarity with DICOM, HL7, IHE profiles.
- Knowledge of non-Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Language/environment knowledge:
- Microsoft runtime/development technologies - .NET, C#, ASP.NET, IIS.
- Oracle database technologies – SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQLDeveloper
- Interfacing to an Oracle relational database from Microsoft runtime technologies – ODAC, ODP.NET etc.
Compensation for the Software Engineer
- Salary $100,000-$115,000
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Flexible workspaces that cater to your current needs and personal preferences, including collaboration rooms, private offices, pair programming offices, etc.
Please send qualified resumes to Mike Moreno at Mmoreno@pipercompanies.com
- No sponsorship or C2C arrangements available
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Morrisville, NC 27560