Piper Companies is looking for a Software Engineer for a direct hire opportunity with our client in Annapolis Junction, MD. Our client designs, manufactures, and supports innovative electronic systems used in defense applications and this role will enhance, maintain as well as develop new functionality for command and control systems to include integration with third-party sensors and protocols for the company's strategic programs with DoD customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Travel: 10-20% during the delivery stage, domestic and international.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science related technical field.
- Minimum five (5) years of software development, software engineering, or related experience, including experience with .NET (C#, WPF, WCF) and SQL.
- Demonstrated experience with full software development lifecycle
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design.
- Solid understanding and experience with APIs and data transfer protocols.
- Experience in asynchronous multi-threaded, real-time programming technique.
- Ability to simplify complex problem spaces into elegant solutions.
- Ability to work fast-paced environment within a small growing company.
- Proficient in code versioning tools, such as SVN and VS team foundation.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Experience with C2 system is an advantage.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret level clearance- having an active clearance is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- $90,000-$110,000 salary commensurate on experience
- Full Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k contributions, Vacation
Please send resumes to Joseph Gros at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Columbia, MD 21044