"First Responder" is a role for a software developer whose priorities are focused on items in the call center issue escalation queue, and taking escalation calls when they come from various support channels. When there are no outstanding escalation items, time is focused on developing future functionality for assigned products.
This position is located in Durham, NC.
- Fixing assigned bugs
- Assisting in developing new features
- Setting up environments to test and use their software
- Working closely with a more senior developer to review all code changes
- Learning very detailed knowledge about their product(s)
- Using DevOps tools to track code changes and work items
- Must check the escalation queue daily
- Must manage time efficiently switching between support and new feature work
- Maintaining up-to-date status in the call center escalation queue on issues for their product(s)
- Working with other developers to fix escalated issues
- Providing estimates on when the customer can expect a resolution to each escalated item
- Understanding current issues that the service and support function sees for their product(s) and helping QA understand those issues
- Occasional direct communication with customers
- Possible travel if required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field plus 1-2 years development experience.
- Prior experience programming in a Microsoft environment with C# and SQL Server
- Knowledge of how to debug, and how to isolate where bugs may be happening
- Understand general software principles and practices
- Ability to describe your approach to a problem before writing the code
- Must be able to work under high pressure, immediate need situations
- Must have good communication skills:
- Ask focused questions
- Keep conversations concise
- Listen for key information
- Ability to clearly describe troubleshooting steps
- Ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Durham, NC 27713