SOFTWARE SERVICES MANAGER
Piper Companies is looking for a Software Services Manager for a direct hire opportunity in Laurel, MD. The Software Services Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating our client’s Software Services Department to provide project management, implementation, application management, and business process integration and analysis in order to assist staff and members to effectively and efficiently utilize information systems. This includes server and workstation based applications, databases, software integrations, core processing scripting and automation to include the associated business processes. Software Services is responsible for the management of key software vendor relationships to maximize productivity with the given software solution. Ideal candidates will have had experience managing various business applications as well as banking/financial/credit software.
- Manage the operation of the Software Services area to include database administration, project management, implementation services, software management, and business integration through workflow analysis.
- Contribute to departmental growth by researching enhancing and implementing new and existing technologies to enhance staff and member utilization of information system capabilities that support business objectives.
- This position is responsible for directing staff in the the support of software infrastructure. This includes managing team resources in the fulfillment of action items and various other projects in support of overall organizational goals.
- Responsible for hiring, guiding and developing the Software Services team to ensure a trained and motivated staff.
- Provide performance feedback and institutes remedial actions as deemed appropriate in conjunction with the Vice President of Information Services and Technology.
- Enhance business processes by leveraging existing software features and recommending new applications to solve business challenges.
- Direct and prioritize custom development to include report writing, data processing jobs, form creation, database scripting, and software development/integration.
- Identify and manage end user needs in accordance with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Manage database infrastructure, software releases, and application integrity.
- Prepare periodic reports to include but not limited to the project request queue, current project status, application performance, user access, and budget.
- Prepare the department’s annual budget for review by the Vice President, Information Services & Technology.
- Respond to and follows up on auditor and examiner comments and requests.
- Research operational issues and leverages existing software applications to fully understand and utilize features available to the organization.
- Provide timely and accurate information related to the systems infrastructure capabilities and administration to the Vice President, Information Services and Technology for use in planning. The position identifies emerging trends in technology and products that would assist in optimizing the reliability and accessibility of internal systems.
- Responsible for contributing to the technology plan to include software management and long term direction, and inventory.
- Test and maintain the disaster recovery plan in conjunction with the IS management team. This includes responsibility for ensuring appropriate backup strategies for business applications.
- Represent IS in proposals development and reviews of software application enhancements and additions to the infrastructure.
- Responsible for the management of vendors to include review of new software vendors, and annual review of critical software vendor relationships in compliance with the Information Security Standards and Procedures.
- As a member of the IS management team, may be asked to stand in for any of the other managers to include the Manager, Technical Services, or the Manager, IS Operations.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Information Systems or related field with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- 5+ years supervisory or management experience.
- Preferred certifications include: CBAP, MCTS (Database), MCITP (Database), MCSA, and PMP.
- Previous experience working within the banking/financial/credit union industries is preferred
- Experience working with core banking software including but not limited to Fiserv, Symitar, Finacle, Canopus, FIS etc.
- Extensive knowledge of PC and database applications, enterprise applications, and database interrogation skills using industry standard tools
- Ability to effectively analyze business processes and create software development specifications to ensure that business requirements are well understood and applications are developed to satisfy the needs of the organization.
- Expertise in and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of relational database software (e.g. MSSQL, Oracle, Access), financial institution systems (e.g. core processing, reporting, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of networking strategies and concepts to include LAN, WAN and firewall.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft suite of desktop applications.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of security strategies related to application infrastructure.
- General knowledge and ability to manage server deployments as it relates to the applications supported by the Information Systems department.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate on experience: $130,000-150,000/yr with flexibility for candidates that exceed the requirements
- Full benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, PTO
Please send resumes to Joseph Gros at email@example.com
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Laurel, MD 20707