SQL BI Developer
Piper Companies is looking for a SQL BI Developer for a direct hire opportunity in Ellicott City, MD. The SQL BI Developer will sit on our client’s Business Intelligence team and will assist in the design and development of data feeds, interfaces, data warehouses and enterprise reporting. To be successful, the SQL BI Developer will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of extract, transform, and load (ETL) development using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS). In addition, you will have the opportunity to consult with non-technical business customers to determine requirements and apply the business rules to the data. This individual will work closely with internal departments and counterparts within health plans during implementation and through ongoing operations.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop, debug and support complex data integration interfaces and processes (including stored procedure and queries) using various tools and technologies including SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, MSBI, ASP.Net, VB.Net, PowerShell, C# and SQL Server technology
- Translate business requirements into technical documents and build or redesign existing applications and report dashboards by evaluating integration needs, migration of data between the two systems and building and new data visualizations that meets user expectation
- Analyze workflow charts and diagrams and translate operations requirements into technical designs to map and automate data load from source systems to data warehouses, downstream applications and trading partners
- Lead the analysis, development, testing and maintenance of complex ETL for NoSQL database like MongoDB
- Support offshore development team with future development needs and provide guidance on the technical abilities and limitations based on their strong wealth of knowledge.
- Deploy new upgrades and releases in production
- Enhance and maintain relational databases to support new application features and maintain data repository with data definitions, relationships, linkages and sources
- Analyze workflow charts and diagrams and translate operations requirements into technical designs to map and automate data load from source systems to data warehouses, downstream applications, and trading partners
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience utilizing Microsoft technologies in development and operation of Data Warehouse, ETL, and application integration solutions via Microsoft SSIS.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Knowledge in SQL Queries and Stored Procedure writing.
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience.
- Experience working with EDI files (834, 837) helpful.
- Experience working within the health care or insurance industries preferred.
- MSBI Certification is a plus
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary range between $100,000-$120,000 a year with flexibility commensurate on experience
- Full Benefits including: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, PTO
Please send resumes to Joseph Gros at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Ellicott City, MD 21043