Every day, our team is counted on to ensure ZP Group’s high growth is captured timely and accurately within our NetSuite ledger. This position will play a key roll on a 4 person team executing in advanced accounting areas providing our internal customers with outstanding customer service. We work together to ensure daily operations, month end close, and the annual audit go smoothly. We are looking to grow an accounting team which can adjust to the changing needs of the cyber security and staffing subsidiaries we support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares general ledger journal entries, fixed asset tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, and bank reconciliation.
- Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Maintains fixed asset and related depreciation schedules.
- May assist with accounts payable functions including but not limited to verifying invoices, expense reports, check requests, and purchase requisitions; entering data into accounts payable system; and processing weekly check runs.
- Assists with annual external audits.
- Assists with implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operation; recommends improvements as part of the company’s continuous improvement culture.
- Assists with related special projects as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years related experience, preferably in a high growth environment
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Preferred)
- NetSuite experience (Preferred)
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to internal and external customer requests; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Initiative--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
1410 Spring Hill Road Tysons, VA 22102
Piper Enterprise Solutions