Piper Companies is actively seeking a LOCAL Instrumentation and Controls Engineer/ Supervisor that will be working for a GMP Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Organization in Raleigh-Durham, NC. This position will be coming with a great succession and salary plan as the Global Director is more or less looking for someone to groom that will eventually take over his role one day.
Responsibilities for the Instrumentation and Controls Engineer/ Supervisor:
- Hands-on engineering and supervision of the controls/ instrumentation/ calibration department and personnel.
- Responsible for new production/ manufacturing equipment installs, maintenance and troubleshooting, as well as calibration of control systems (Allen Bradely and some Siemens) to maximize capacity and production.
- Conduct calibrations of production/ lab equipment as well as creating strategic plans for these activities in a regulated environment. (UV-VIS, HPLC/UPLC as well as other related instrumentation/ equipment used to measure flow, pressure, temperature, weight, etc.)
- Responsible for the selection of instrumentation/ equipment to aid in calibration strategy.
- Provide technical support and direction to production personnel, utilities mechanics and process mechanics.
- Other activities this role will be responsible for will be to hire, train and manage internal and external calibration resources, assist team with procurement of stock and repairs as well as validations and revalidations ensuring quality of product.
- Good understanding of safety protocols and practices to work in accordance with GMP regulations standards and procedures to eliminate unreasonable risk.
- Comply with all current cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
Technical Requirements for the Instrumentation and Controls Engineer/ Supervisor:
- Experience with a variety electronic and pneumatic test instruments, hand tools, supplies and other shop equipment.
- Basic knowledge of electrical principals and NEC preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics and engineering specifications.
- Knowledge of test equipment used for calibrating, testing, repairing and maintaining production instruments and controls.
- Bachelors’ degree specifically in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Electrical Technology, Controls and Instrumentation or related Engineering field.)
Compensation & Benefits for the Instrumentation and Controls Engineer/ Supervisor:
- Compensation/ Career Plan/ Team: starts at $85,000 - $95,000 yearly with great succession and salary plan. Very supportive and productive team for you to manage as well as a very supportive Sr. Management team that will be there to provide anything that you will need in the role. More of a family orientated environment than a huge cold floor for you to stand on wondering which direction to go first.
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurances, Disability, Medical Reimbursement, Matching 401k, Profit Sharing Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, 10% annual bonus, generous PTO plan, Paid Holidays, etc.
Qualified candidates please send resumes to Wes Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Calibrate, Calibration, Supervisor, Manager, Engineer, Equipment, Facilities, Facility, Plant, Inspection, Inspections, Troubleshoot, Troubleshooting, ISA, NIST, HPLC, UPLC, Chromatography, Instruments, Instrumentation, UV-VIS, Temperature, Pressure, Flow, Weight, Install, Installs, Training, GMP, cGMP, GLP, Validations, Revalidations, Maintenance, Preventative Maintenance, Maintain, Repair, Traceable, CMMS, SOP, SOPs, Regulated, NEC, Electrical, Electronics, Qualification, Test, Testing, Tools, PLC, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Automation, Controls, Blueprints, Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, Production, Manufacturing, Laboratory, Raleigh, Durham, RTP, RDU, Wake Forest, Brier Creek, Knightdale, Garner, Clayton, Franklinton, Creedmoor, Cary, Morrisville, Burlington, Chapel Hill, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs, Smithfield, Dunn, Wilson, Henderson, Carrboro, North Carolina, NC