Sr Network Engineer
Piper Companies is looking for a Network Engineer to join on of the top tech firms in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina (NC) area. The Network Engineer will focus on engineering tasks for the Data Network product portfolio within the Connectivity Services product set. Product portfolio includes Cisco Routing and Switching technologies, as well as Cisco load balancing products, IP Management (DNS/DHCP) technology and network time services.
Responsibilities for the Sr Network Engineer include:
- Configuring and maintaining network hardware and software, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, and other network peripherals as needed.
- Analyzing the design and performance of an entire network and makes required changes to design of network architecture to meet the needs of the business.
- Optimizing performance of all network equipment.
- Managing and maintaining point to point VPNs, site to site connectivity, and Internet connectivity.
- Managing LAN and WAN infrastructure, static and dynamic routing, and other network technologies including VoIP, VPNs, VLANs, QoS, MPLS, NAT, and BGP.
- Evaluating network equipment requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations.
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of all network equipment and static IP information.
- Managing firmware and software updates for all network equipment.
- Conducting network traffic capture and analysis as needed.
- Restoring network services after system failures including troubleshooting root cause and taking corrective actions.
- Establishing network access and security controls.
- Backup network device configurations.
- Coordinating third-party maintenance for network hardware, software, and telecommunications services.
- Developing or establishing strong relationships with service providers.
- Preparing and maintaining documentation of network configurations and structured cabling layouts.
- Developing, maintaining, and testing disaster recovery plans.
- Coordinating with IT Manager and other department managers to understand and meet business requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for the Sr Network Engineer include:
- 5+ years of network engineer experience
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco Routers / Switches
- Active CCNP or CCIE preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with the following technologies is essential:
- TCP/IP networking
- Strong Cisco Router and Switch Configuration skills
- Cisco VOIP and VLAN configurations
- IPSec and VPNs
- Update skills on a regular basis to keep abreast of rapidly changing technology
- Excellent communication skills to work with clients and vendors on all support issues
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Please send resumes to Michael Moreno @ email@example.com