Piper Enterprise Solutions is currently looking for a Sr. Security Operations Engineer for a full-time opportunity supporting a client based in New York, NY (Manhattan).
Responsibilities for the Sr. Security Operations Engineer include:
- Proactively hunt for and research potential malicious activity and incidents across multiple platforms using advanced threat network and host-based tools
- Use both internal and external threat intelligence to build indicators of compromise into monitoring tools, be able to integrate these tools with one another to provide data enrichment
- Use strong TCP/IP networking skills to perform network analysis to isolate and diagnose potential threats and anomalous network behavior
- Ability to automate networking tasks and analysis tasks
- Effectively document code and automation efforts effectively in an understandable manner for a non-programmer
- Report common and repeated problems (trend analysis) to management and propose process and technical improvements
Qualifications for the Sr. Security Operations Engineer include:
- Over five (5+) years of experience as a Level 3SOC Analyst performing incident handling, sensor alert tracking, and/or cybersecurity case management
- Experience programming in at least one of the following: Python, PowerShell, Bash, Shell Script, Batch, VBscript (Python experience preferable)
- Understanding of the following: cybersecurity incident discovery and event management, network forensics, IPS/IDS, firewalls, content filtering technology, DLP, configuration management and monitoring, endpoint protection, database security and log collection and analysis
- Experience and keen understanding of cybersecurity tools, including McAfee SIEM, ePO, Network Traffic Analysis, Malware analysis, Raw Packet Captures, database technologies, web applications technologies, firewall technologies, etc.
- Experience with cybersecurity forensics tools and methodologies
Compensation for the Sr. Security Operations Engineer include:
- Salary Range: $130,000-$165,000 based on experience
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, 401k with American Funds, and Paid Time Off
Please send resumes to Jason Olsavsky at firstname.lastname@example.org
Security, cyber, cybersecurity, PCAP, packet capture, malware, forensics, SIEM, monitoring, network, script, shell, python, vbscript, SOC, IPS, IDS, intrusion, detection, CISSP, GIAC, CEH, benefits, vacation, holiday, 401k
Piper Enterprise Solutions is an IT services company specializing in the four core areas of Cyber & Information Security, IT Infrastructure, Software Applications Development, and Business Analytics. We support companies such as Verizon, CenturyLink, Sony, and SAS.