Piper Companies is looking for a Senior Systems/Application Support Administrator in Laurel, MD for a direct hire opportunity (long-term contract optional) working with one of the largest federal credit unions in Maryland. The Systems/Application Administrator will help lead a team of 7 other IT professionals as needed to ensure effective and efficient support of our client’s enterprise application environment. Long-term goals for the team include a migration to Windows 10 within the next year as well as the procurement and implementation of a new core financial application. Ideal candidates will have a diverse technical skillset and a willingness to hone those skills in a fast-paced enterprise environment.
- Serves as a leader for application administration across multiple operating systems, hardware types, and application servers. Responsible for providing primary support and expertise to critical applications such as OnBase, Fiserv Spectrum core system, and Data Warehouse.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the fundamentals of Server Administration and Operating System environments across the enterprise. Administers and manages organization data resources.
- Maintains the integrity, performance, reliability and security of the application systems
- Installs and supports server and PC based software. This includes actively reviewing new enhancements/features, coordinating updates, and making recommendations regarding vendor/application direction and fit within their Infrastructure
- Works with vendors to obtain best practices to ensure data availability, integrity and security, recover corrupted data and eliminate data redundancy, and leverages database tools to improve database performance and efficiency.
- Demonstrates proficiency and experience in installing, updating, tuning and diagnosing both internal and third-party applications. Demonstrates strong experience in installing, implementing, and maintaining current Windows server products.
- In conjunction with the IT Architect, responsible for disaster recovery strategy for applications and databases to include the most cost effective and efficient means of meeting business recovery objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating and maintaining deployments packages/scripts.
- Provides technical guidance and/or instruction to IS staff members.
- Investigates and resolves enterprise application functionality issues. Provides second level troubleshooting support for core system issues and ancillary applications
- 5-10 years of Systems Administration experience supporting various applications (candidates who have previously worked for financial institutions are greatly preferred but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related field, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- Ability to implement and manage enterprise applications
- Experience with Relational Database Software. Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of databases (i.e. MSSQL, Oracle, Access).
- Knowledge of networking technologies and concepts to include LAN/WAN/Firewall.
- Knowledge and experience supporting applications in a WAN environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft suite of desktop applications
- Proficiency in a variety of programming and scripting languages, including Java, .NET, SQL, and Perl is a plus.
- Ability to create and organize reports that synthesize complex information.
- Experience with the financial applications Fiserv, Spectrum or OnBase is plus
Compensation for the Systems Engineer:
- Salary Range: $95,000 - $107,000 based on experience (some flexibility for the right candidate)
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, 401k with Voya, and Paid Time Off
Please send resumes to Joseph Gros at email@example.com
Systems Administrator, systems admin, sys admin, system administrator, application support, application administrator, windows, SQL, SQLserver, MSSQL, Oracle, Access, .Net, Java, Perl, hyperV, hyper v, activebatch, active batch, data center, agile, automate, automation, shell, bash, perl, python, script, scripting, cloud, AWS, azure, benefits, vacation, holiday, 401k