Our client is seeking a Senior Underwriter, you will be responsible for making independent credit decisions on mortgage applications originated by both our retail and wholesale departments. You will be reviewing loans to ensure compliance with all Federal guidelines. You will be authorized to approve loans up to your lending authority as well as adjusting to a Manual Underwrite when required.
Sr. Underwriter Qualifications:
- 5 years' experience in underwriting FHA/VA and conventional loans with a "think outside the box" decision mindset while mitigating risk
- 5 years underwriting experience in a setting where multiple investor guidelines apply
- Experience working with DU and LP automated underwriting engines
- VA SAR / LAPP experience
- Knowledge of title review
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to the mortgage-banking industry (i.e., RESPA, TILA, ECOA, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in Business/Financial or equivalent experience
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- In depth knowledge of all facets of mortgage underwriting including conventional and FHA loans
- DE Certification is preferred.
- Ability to pass a credit check
Incentives: Competitive Base Salary, Full benefits, 100% remote opportunity.
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Piper Enterprise Solutions