Piper Companies seeking an ambitious, well-rounded accountant to join a dynamic growing group. This position will be responsible for assisting in booking journal entries and bank activity, reconciling bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts, preparing financial reports, and other accounting-related tasks. Independence and team work are both highly valued. He or she will work closely with the whole Finance & Accounting team.
Top candidates will be highly motivated and well-organized problem solvers. They will be process-oriented and possess the focus to maintain structure in a fast-paced environment. A keen eye for detail, a commitment to quality and consistency, and a positive outlook are paramount.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Record journal entries and bank activity for investment funds
- Reconcile bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts for multiple entities; investigate variances
- Process accounts payable and employee expense reports for management company
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual GL closing process
- Prepare year-end investor distribution schedules
- Prepare schedules for external tax preparers
- Assist in the annual budgeting process and monthly budget-to-actual analyses
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports
- Other finance and accounting related tasks as assigned
Qualifications, Education, and Experience Requirements
- 2-3 years of general ledger experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Advanced Excel experience required
- Experience with inter-company transactions preferred but not required
- Salary: Contract to Hire - $60,000 to $70,000/year
- Benefits: United Healthcare Medical, Guardian Dental, VSP Vision, 401k Match with Voya, Paid Time Off, Holidays
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Internal ZP Group Opportunities
Bethesda, MD 20816