Piper Clinical Solutions is actively seeking social workers for substance abuse consults at a major hospital system in the Raleigh/Durham area. This is position is working Monday through Friday 9am - 5pm.
Responsibilities for Substance Abuse Consult - LCSW:
- Work on various services in the hospital to be called in as a consult when a provider believes a patient has a substance abuse disorder or is believed to be abusing various substances.
- See patients in the hospital to evaluate, discuss, and educate patients and/or their families on their plan of care in regard to substance abuse.
- Educate patients and their families on their insurance coverage, prescribed medication, wellness best practices, and available resources.
- Will perform other duties as needed by the patient including arranging transportation, coordinating obtaining medical devices, and arranging in home care.
- Review medical charts, extract data, input data, and write up summaries in relation to the evaluations and interviews.
Technical Requirements for Substance Abuse Consult - LCSW:
- Must have a Master’s in Social Work from an accredited university and must have an active North Carolina Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) license
- At least 5 years of hands on patient care experience within a hospital setting or clinic
- Strong passion for substance abuse care
- LCAS or LCAS-A preferred but not required
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must have experience with EMR systems, word processing applications and data management systems.
Compensation & Benefits for Substance Abuse Consult - LCSW:
- Compensation: $25-40/hr based on previous salary history and experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO etc
Qualified candidates please send resumes to Meg Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org