Piper Companies is looking for Systems Administrator for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Linthicum Heights, MD for a premier clinical non-profit association. The Systems Administrator will report directly to the Senior Manager of Infrastructure & Security. They will be responsible for the maintenance, administration, and operations of all systems, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), and hardware and software.
Responsibilities for the Systems Administrator include:
- Perform maintenance and diagnostic testing on all hardware and software. Configure and installs hardware for security and networking purposes.
- Administration of VDI environment.
- Set up and administer user accounts across the local environment and SaaS based systems.
- Configure and installs software packages, as well as upgrades.
- Perform troubleshooting techniques to locate the cause of problems and to ensure problems do not occur again.
- Provide training to end users.
- Maintain and consolidate servers as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance and patching for all applications and equipment.
- Contact outside vendors as necessary for support.
- Utilize managed service providers for support, data restores, and consulting.
- Document procedures and configurations for standard operating procedures.
- Administer all aspects of wireless and audio visual.
- Provide backup to Network Engineer.
- Maintain phones, PCs, and networking equipment in the Washington D.C. Office.
- Provision desktops in VDI environment and assign to Desktop Pools.
- Maintain VDI servers and desktops and ensure high availability and performance.
- Provision and maintain all servers.
- Configure and manage monitoring, alerting, and reporting of system health.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for the Help Desk.
Qualifications for the Systems Administrator include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure.
- Microsoft based certifications are preferred.
- Experience with Windows 2008, 2012, 2016
- Experience with VMware’s Horizon VDI environment is required.
- Experience maintaining and managing SaaS based applications such as Office 365 and MaaS360.
Compensation and Benefits for the Systems Administrator include:
- Salary: $60,000-70,000k
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, 401k with Voya, and Paid Time Off