Systems Engineer III
Piper Companies is looking for a Systems Engineer for a long-term opportunity with our client in Sparks, MD. The Systems Engineer will support all infrastructure systems through complete life cycle (design, procurement, installation, maintenance). This includes but is not limited to Cisco switches and routers using various network protocols, Windows servers, and other information technology deemed critical to business operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain network operations on a day-to-day basis for a complex network of over 400 workstations and 150 servers as part of the Infrastructure Services team.
- Troubleshoot and proactively monitor networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Provide documentation of network operating systems and network topology.
- Implement authorized network enhancements and special projects as assigned.
- Support and maintain recovery systems and operations, including but not limited to maintaining backup system configuration, performing backup system upgrades, monitoring backups, and performing restores as needed.
- Participate in a rotating on-call support schedule.
- Supports the organization in the design and implementation of network components, including support of development systems and assistance with testing.
- Recommend new and emerging technologies to solve business problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred or demonstrated equivalent of work experience and industry accreditation.
- Three years System Engineering experience
- Technical certification training in Microsoft Database Services, Enterprise Networking preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Extensive experience in Microsoft operating systems, both workstation and server.
- Ability to provide support for MS Exchange 2010 in a medium to large enterprise environment. including BES and ActiveSync.
- Strong experience with IIS 6/7, including certificate management.
- Strong experience in writing scripts to automate operations in Batch and VBScript (PowerShell and/or Perl considered a plus).
- Must possess a strong technical understanding of Windows infrastructure services (e.g. AD, GPO, CIFS, and DFS) within the enterprise.
- Experience with VMware ESX in a clustered environment.
- Experience configuring and allocating storage using SANs.
- Experience maintaining and supporting backup operations (Commvault preferred).
- Experience implementing and supporting Microsoft clustering.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco switches, routers, and security appliances.
- Experience with VPN connections and terminal servers
- Experience with Citrix VDI deployments and VDI concepts
- Ability to administer large and complex computer networks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, security conscious, and proficient in troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills to provide for effective documentation and business cases.
- Strong time management skills.
- Salary commensurate on experience with a targeted conversion range between $80,000-110,000/yr with flexibility for candidates that exceed the listed skillset
- Full Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k
Please send qualified resumes to Joseph Gros at firstname.lastname@example.org