Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
Duration: Contract to Hire
Compensation: $70-80K salary conversion
Our client is looking for a Systems Engineer to support all infrastructure systems through complete life cycle (design, procurement, installation, maintenance). This includes but is not limited to Cisco switches and routers using various network protocols, Windows servers, and other information technology deemed critical to business operation.
- Maintain network operations on a day-to-day basis for a complex network of over 400 workstations and 150 servers as part of the Infrastructure Services team.
- Troubleshoot and proactively monitor networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Provide documentation of network operating systems and network topology.
- Implement authorized network enhancements and special projects as assigned.
- Support and maintain recovery systems and operations, including but not limited to: maintaining backup system configuration, performing backup system upgrades, monitoring backups, and performing restores as needed.
- Participate in a rotating on-call support schedule.
- Supports the organization in the design and implementation of network components, including support of development systems and assistance with testing.
- Recommend new and emerging technologies to solve business problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred, or demonstrated equivalent of work experience and industry accreditation.
- Minimum 3 years of System Engineering experience in an enterprise environment.
- Experience working with/implementing Office 365 and Azure
- Network engineering experience including backup management.
- Technical certification training in Microsoft Database Services, Enterprise Networking
- Extensive experience in Microsoft operating systems, both workstation and server.
- Ability to provide support for MS Exchange 2010 in a medium to large enterprise environment. including BES and ActiveSync.
- Strong experience with IIS 6/7, including certificate management.
- Strong experience in writing scripts to automate operations in Batch and VBScript (PowerShell and/or Perl considered a plus).
- Must possess a strong technical understanding of Windows infrastructure services (e.g. AD, GPO, CIFS, and DFS) within the enterprise.
- Experience with VMware ESX in a clustered environment.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco switches, routers, and security appliances.
- Ability to administer large and complex computer networks.
- Experience configuring and allocating storage using SANs.
- Experience maintaining and supporting backup operations (Commvault preferred).
- Experience implementing and supporting Microsoft clustering.
- Experience with VPN connections and terminal servers
- Experience with Citrix VDI deployments and VDI concepts