Piper Companies is looking for a Technical Project Manager to be tasked with Maintaining overall responsibility for all aspects of projects over the entire life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close); must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development of project scope and objectives involving key stakeholders.
- Develop detailed work plans to support key strategic projects and track progress.
- Identify project resources and assemble project team; assigning individual roles and responsibilities; ensure a common understanding by setting expectations to align stakeholders and team members. Includes internal and external parties
- Improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale.
- Adhere to quality standards and review of project deliverables.
- Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated and reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate acceptance.
- Measure and monitor project performance using appropriate tools and techniques, highlight any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders up to and including executive team.
- Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Provides project oversight and administration to ensure that the development and delivery of information systems solutions meets or exceeds the expected business requirements, and that work is completed and delivered on time and within budget
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven experience managing software development cycles
- Strong technical background
- Experience in Agile methodologies and adapting these within organizations
- Excellent operational, project management, and process improvement methods
- Strong Leadership and negotiation skills
- Superior verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong ability to work independently and cross-functionally within very tight and specific timeframe
- Ability to travel 10-20%
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in technology related field
- Range 5-10 years’ experience
- PMP Certification
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Sterling, VA 20164