Piper Companies is looking for a Technical Project Manager for a financial lending client located in Titusville, NJ.
Responsibilities for the Technical Project Manager:
- Project management of one or more projects within the Corp Project portfolio, with flexibility to work on different types of projects (business process, IT, shared services)
- Support in the development of the project business case and/or ensure project is aligned with the existing business case
- Work with business lead to clarify project scope and objectives, work with internal or external SME’s to identify or recommend appropriate solutions consistent with business strategy, and to assess all change impacts of the project
- Provide robust costs and timescales for implementation and document all assumptions and potential risks
- Effectively manage stakeholder identification, communications and expectations throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure appropriate project governance through formal steering committees
- Implement sustainable solutions and time scales, to sponsor satisfaction and according to processes and standards; aware of and working within budget constraints of the project
- Understand business value and work with business lead to put appropriate measures and processes in place to ensure expected business outcome is achieved, including effective change management approach and execution
- Proactively identify and mitigate/resolve risks and issues in a timely and appropriate manner – no surprises!
- Ensure full acceptance of the solution by all stakeholders such that there is a smooth handover from project to ongoing operations
- Administrative support is limited; PM is in a “hands-on” role managing the plan, arranging meetings, creating reports and presentations, etc.
Qualifications for the Technical Project Manager:
- Experienced Project Management professional with a demonstrated understanding of complex project management.
- Minimum of five years of prior project management experience including several years of relevant experience in a combination of the areas noted above, with a progressive record of accomplishments.
- Experience in a multi-division, multi-national and/or matrixed organization desired.
- B.A or B.S degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related discipline. Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or Mathematics desirable.
- Project management certificates, such as PMI, preferred.
- Demonstrated thought leadership skills and creativity, as well as strong analytical skills.
- Experience in program management, or coordinating long-term, cross-functional projects, and managing through the full project life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to interact with executive management teams. Incumbent will also have significant interaction with the business units and should possess strong relationship and leadership skills.
- Exceptional communication skills in both face-to-face interactions and utilizing multiple media required, with a demonstrated ability to express complex technical concepts and information effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all levels of stakeholders and employees.
- Ability to gain credibility with Corporate, functional and business unit management and ensure no surprises.
- Ability to influence outcomes without direct authority.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to manage significant change and gain stakeholder commitment.
- Strong work-ethic, organizational, and interpersonal skills; alignment with company values and leadership competencies.
Compensation/Benefits for Technical Project Manager:
- $120,000 - $140,000
- Comprehensive benefit package; Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Paid Time Off
- Local candidates preferred
Please send resume Ryan Moloney: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Manager, Project Management, SDLC, application development, PMP, PMI, Agile
Please wait while your job application is being processed. This may take a few moments.
Software Applications & ERP
Titusville, NJ 08506