Piper Companies is currently looking for a Tier II Technical Support Engineer in RTP, NC to support a Data Storage Technology firm.
Responsibilities for the Tier II Technical Support Engineer include:
- Provide support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems for customer.
- Represents the company to the customer ensuring the customer is satisfied.
- Responsible for providing telephone, email, chat and remote diagnostic technical support of servers, storage, switches, routers, blades and various backup software applications.
- Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage of assigned products. Verifies warranty entitlement and determines appropriate action.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct failures.
- Documents problems in the support solution database for diagnostics and solution implementation.
- Provides basic remote deployment, maintenance and consulting services.
Qualifications for the Tier II Technical Support Engineer include:
- Microsoft Operating Systems/Hyper V
- Experience with OS Linux Suse/ RedHat – command line
- Experience with w/TCP/IP Ethernet networking configuration/troubleshooting
- Experience with Server Hardware troubleshooting
- Experience using tools like WebEx, VI Knowledge & Experience with backups technologies a plus.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to manage priorities, follow-through on issues until closure Other Key Attributes
- Thirst for knowledge and tenacity to dive in Proactive and willingness to help customers and mentor peers
- Shows excitement and asks questions, naturally inquisitive
Compensation for the Tier II Technical Support Engineer includes:
- Salary Range: based on experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K and PTO
Please send resumes to Jeremy Chavis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft, operating systems, technical support, tier II, customer support, Hyper V, Linux, command line, wTCP/IP, network, troubleshooting, storage, backup, server, hardware, switches, routers, routing, switching, backup software, problem solving, customer service, technical, engineer, technical support engineer,