Piper Companies is looking for a Technical Support Supervisor for a long-term opportunity with our client in Sparks, MD. The Technical Support Supervisor maintains the reliability and functionality of computing and telephony equipment and provides technical support to employees. The position will be expected to provide sound technical solutions to solve the business problems of the user community and leverage relevant technical experience to assume a leadership role in the Technical Support Engineering team. This includes the design and implementation of a support process modeled after industry best practices. The position will also exercise a supporting role to the Systems Engineering team and is responsible for the delivery of assigned projects on time and within budget. The Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing a team of 6 technicians supporting 600+ end users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine configuration and support of end user technology, including but not limited to:
- New PC/VDI setup and configuration
- Common workstation maintenance tasks (i.e. monitor, mouse, keyboard, replacement and internal maintenance)
- Mobile Device configuration & management
- Endpoint security and vulnerability management (i.e. patching, Antivirus, etc.)
- Desk relocation
- Executive Support
- Provide Tier 3 support to users through support incidents submitted to IT Customer Support.
- Ensure the organization follows an effective support process, meeting an established Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Evaluate new technologies and their potential application to the organization.
- User account, distribution list and security group maintenance.
- Responsible for the management of daily backups and performing general server administration tasks as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Director of Technology (Infrastructure) and Project Manager with general internal audit of IT controls and procedures.
- Mentor other members of the Technical Support Engineering team.
- In conjunction with the Director of Technology (Infrastructure), responsible for making hiring, evaluating, disciplining and terminating decisions for the Technical Support Engineering team.
- Coordinate assignment of Desktop resources to trouble tickets.
- Provide periodic reporting to IT management on the status of tickets, trending, SLA compliance, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred or equivalent years of experience.
- Five years in Technical Support with increasing responsibility and leadership.
- ITLv3 Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Working knowledge of ITLv3.
- Expert skillset maintaining and operating Windows Operating System (Windows 7/8/10).
- Working knowledge of desktop virtualization concepts.
- Working knowledge of Apple OS X operating system maintenance and support.
- Expert skillset in basic Active Directory account maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage standard configurations.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple activities and priorities, while maintaining a sense of urgency to meet and exceed customer needs.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate clearly and effectively.
- Superior written, oral and listening communication skills.
- Salary commensurate on experience with a targeted range between $80,000-90,000/yr with flexibility for candidates that exceed the listed skillset
- Full Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k
Please send qualified resumes to Joseph Gros at firstname.lastname@example.org