Upstream Process Development Manager
Piper Life Sciences is actively seeking an Upstream Process Development Manager to join a well-established global vaccine research institute. This position is in the Raleigh / Durham, North Carolina area and will work traditional hours.
Responsibilities for Upstream Process Development Manager:
- Manage aspects of the upstream lab scale process development and GMP production.
- This includes cell culture development, growth media selection and optimization, derivation and characterization of stable cell lines
- Oversee technical work of the organization unit or technical area by developing work plans, assigning tasks by importance and the needs of the program
- Execute management and involvement in the lab scale process development; scale up and tech transfer of the process into the GMP suite.
Technical Requirements for Upstream Process Development Manager:
- 8+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical or bioprocess industry with extensive experience in process development.
- PhD with at least 3 years working at a pharmaceutical company and have relevant knowledge and experience in the field of bioprocess development for biomolecules and vaccines
- Need to have experience with cell culture, cell line development, bioreactor operation and scale-up, centrifugation, tangential flow and normal flow filtration.
- Proficient in biomolecule (protein, mRNA, DNA) characterization
Compensation & Benefits for Upstream Process Development Manager:
- Compensation: 120,000-140,000k based on previous salary history and experience
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Qualified candidates please send resumes to Amanda Myers at email@example.com