Piper Companies is seeking a .NET developer in Bala Cynwyd, PA to work for an insurance operation that provides specialty property and casualty coverage for a wide range of markets—from small business, manufactured homes, and vacant property to agriculture, professional lines, collectibles, and more.
2. C# Best Practices
3. MVC, Web API's, SOA
4. Understanding of SOLID (Object Oriented Design)
5. Mobile Development Experience (AngularJS)
The developer will join a team responsible for creating innovative solutions using the latest technology to support insurance operations. Members of the team will stay current with emerging technology, follow current "best practices" and use proven software design principles. This team will create web, cloud, mobile, and server solutions using the latest technology including a “modern Microsoft stack”. Developers will combine traditional Microsoft tech (.NET, ASP.NET MVC/Web API, Azure, SQL Server) with additional tools and frameworks (i.e. Angular, Ionic, etc.). The team will follow agile principles and use DevOps tools to move ideas to production quickly. Candidate must be an innovative self-starter but still a team player.
Technical Skills – Advanced technical knowledge of the following:
- C# and .NET Framework including Generics
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server
- Software Design Patterns
- Continuous Integration
- DevOps/Automation Tools
- HTML and CSS
Additional Preferred Technical Skills
- Team Foundation Server
- Octopus Deploy
- .NET Core
- ASP.NET Core
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Advanced technical knowledge of the following:
- C# and .Net Framework 4.0 or greater
- ASP.Net MVC
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server 2008 R2 or greater
- Hands-on software development and troubleshooting experience.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies and patterns.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Technically proficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Perform and assist developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications according to best practices and SDLC.
- Prepare and document program requirements and specifications.
- Consistently create and maintain software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Create and maintain code and scripts across the full stack of software development including UI, business logic and database.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Mentor junior programmers.
Please send all qualified resumes to email@example.com